I am very grateful to God today, for giving me an amazing gift this morning.
I have been meeting with two ladies every Wednesday. This week we met today instead. Some of the ladies that we had been inviting to join us, suggested that we change the day to Thursdays.
It was a joy for me to see three more ladies come to our prayer meeting and hear them express that they were happy we had invited them.
Let me give you a brief summary of our meeting.
We first started with a prayer.
We then read the stations of the cross. Our children were also with us. And one of the ladies who is a Cathechist explained to the children everything we were remembering today. The last supper, the washing of the feet.
For our ending prayer, I asked each one to say something that they were grateful for or if they wanted to share a prayer request. Everyone participated, even the children. A very moving moment. I left to my home, very thankful to God for giving me this unforgetable moment.
After the prayer meeting, I took my kids to purchase their Easter basket items at the Dollar Tree store.
We were heading to Target to get a special toy gift for my son, when I was called to come over to church and help decorate the chapel for the Blessed Sacrament exposition.
I told my kids, that we will go to the store after.
On our way to church, I got a call from one of our prayer ladies. She was very sad. Someone stole her purse on her way to her house. The person only took her purse away and ran away. We are thankful to God, that he did not harm her. She was very scared and emotional. I told her not to worry, that the good thing was that she was okay. And hopefully that person will be caught soon.
We live in a pretty good neighborhood, but lately we have heard reports of shootings and assaults to women.
My husband keeps telling me to not carry large handbags when I go out. Because there are easy to snatch away.
I want to ask you to pray for my friend and her family. Thank you.
I just remember a story my father shared with us this past weekend.
He said his uncle had found some money. Later they found out that the priest from the town had lost some money belonging to some of the parishoners. His uncle decided to say anything. Many people began praying for the money to be found.
The next day his uncle got very sick. My dad's uncle thought this was a punishment for not returning the money, so he went to the priest and told him, that he had found the money and returned it.
I know that prayer is powerful, and that God can make sinners repent from their sins.
I pray that our city will be a safe place for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment