It was my daughter's request to make her first communion, the beginning of my journey back to the Catholic Faith. Four years have passed since that day, I decided to enroll her in her preparation classes. Not only was she being prepared for a big event in her life, but I was also preparing for my return back to the Church.
As we get closer to our third anniversary, I wanted to share with you pictures of that day with you. Next month my son will also do his first communion. We are already preparing for that day. Mom got some beautiful table decorations.
This past Saturday we attended a family retreat for First Communion and Confirmation participants. My son's soon to be God-Parents attended also. His God-Parents will be my Sister Idalia and her Husband Salvador.
My daughter's God-Parents are my sister Erica and her husband Adan. Both of my children chose who they wanted to be their God-Parents. Their Baptismal God-Parents are from my husband's family, so I was very happy my children chose from my side of the family for their First Communion sponsors.
The day I made my first communion, my sister Erica also made her first communion. And it was a joy for both of us to see our daughters make their first communion on the same day too.
THE SACRAMENTS OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION
The sacraments of Christian initiation - Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist - lay the foundations of every Christian life. "The sharing in the divine nature given to men through the grace of Christ bears a certain likeness to the origin, development, and nourishing of natural life. The faithful are born anew by Baptism, strengthened by the sacrament of Confirmation, and receive in the Eucharist the food of eternal life. By means of these sacraments of Christian initiation, they thus receive in increasing measure the treasures of the divine life and advance toward the perfection of charity."
As a mother, I make a commitment to always guide my children in God's ways. To always teach by example the importance of fullfilling the Sacraments of iniciation. I pray for them often, that they will always have a personal relationship with God.
And as a Cathechist, I promise to always teach my students that God loves them and cares for them. I will pray for each child and their parents to draw closer to God and be active members within the church.



No comments:
Post a Comment