Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Cleaning Challenge

Recently I was again visiting some of  my favorite home organizing sites.  Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie has a 52 week challenge, bloggers link to her website to share their cleaning and organizing projects.  I was going through each link when I noticed a picture that was interesting to me, I linked there and it took me to Tiffany's blog The Nest Effect.  Tiffany shared a post on how to re-organize your incoming mail station.

She made a reference to another blog, A bowl full of Lemons.  I linked to that blog and found that Toni is also having a Spring Cleaning Challenge.  I like Toni's blog so much that I added to my list of blogs I follow.

So I will be joining Toni and her readers with the Spring Cleaning Challenge.


This week we will be working on cleaning our home's windows.  I had thought of doing this soon. The great thing about my windows is, that I can flip them towards me and clean the outside from the inside of my home.
window in home office, not cleaned yet.

window opened towards the inside.

window cleaned and accessorized


My home was remodeled in 2006, so we were able to get these windows.  The bad part is that you can only do this with the lower part of the window.  It will be a little more of a challenge to do the top part, but with a squeegee and a ladder, I will be able to handle most of the windows from the inside.  Take into consideration that I live in the top unit of a duplex.

window that is not within my reach back entrance to the house.

second window, not within my reach.

There a two huge windows that are not within my reach and I'm going to leave those  for husband to do. I have a total of 19 windows in my home.  I have already done two, the kitchen window and the office window.

I just wanted to add that I just purchased three new books at Borders.  Our local Borders is closing and they have everything on sale.  I got my books with a 30% discount.

The books are:  Clutter Rehab by Laura Wittmann, Simply Organized by Lyna Bort Caruso and Jenny Schroedel, these are home organization books.

The third book is one that I had on my wish list, One Thousand gifts by my favorite Homeschool Mom, Ann Voskamp.

I already started reading Ann's book.  Had to put it aside for a while to write this post, but I will get back to it ASAP.

Please join me this week visiting the blogs and websites that I have linked to on this post, I am sure you will like each one as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment