Friday, February 5, 2010

San Felipe de Jesus

Today is the feast day of St. Philip of Jesus. A Mexican martyr who was killed in Nagasaki, Japan. He was the first Mexican to be canonized.

I like to teach my children about the Saints and they love to color pictures of them. But I searched a coloring page and could not find one. I think I will have to make one myself. I am not much of an artist. I like to make different crafts, sewing projects, and now I am working on knitting and crocheting.

I started on a crocheted Nun doll, But I do not have most of the materials needed for the doll.

I have not finished the prayer shawl yet. I have been doing other small projects. Learning techniques on youtube. I just finished a pair of booties for Son's infant Jesus. They are so cute.

I am going to go purchase the materials for the nun. I am thinking of giving it as a gift to someone.

My anniversary is coming up soon. Monday is my 13th wedding anniversary. I will have a special post about it later. Niece's birthday is on Monday too. And St. Valentine's day is coming up also. So many celebrations and activities do.

Yesterday, I saw a movie of Don Bosco. I cried with it. It was been show on EWTN. I have also been inspired by the life of St. Teresa of the Andes in Chile. I get to see the Spanish version of EWTN, so I have been learning so much about our Catholic faith and Latin American Saints.

I have to go check on my pet chihuhua again, probably will post later in the evening to update you on her puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment