I just had to post something on this very special day. This morning as I was reading the daily readings and a short biography of St. Blaise, I got an amazing revelation.
Years ago, about 30 years ago. I was in surgery to have my tonsils removed. My dear Grandma, will always remind me of this day. I remember it as it was yesterday. My grandmother took me to church the day before I was admitted into the hospital. I remember kneeling in front of the image of the Nazareno. The image of Jesus dressed in a purple tunic and carring the cross. We lighted a candle and she prayed for my surgery to go well.
I was admitted to the hospital on February 3, and the surgery was performed in the evening. Now that I know that St. Blaise is the patron saint of throats. I can say that my dear Grandmother made sure that I had my surgery on that day. The surgery went well, and when I woke up from the sedation, I was on an elevator on my way to the recovery unit, until a room was ready for me.
When I returned home, I remember that I was given popsicles and icecream. My Grandmother was there next to me all the time taking care of me. I also have an uncle named Blas, the Spanish form of Blaise. And my husband had an uncle named Blas too. His uncle was 103 years old when he died this past Sunday, may he rest in peace.
Thanks to Charlotte for her coloring page of St. Blaise, my children are coloring it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment