I just finished this Franciscan doll. I originally wanted to make St. Francis but was not sure of how to add the beard. At the end it looks more like St. Anthony. In the picture I had not added the eyes and mouth yet. My camera is out of batteries because I left it on all night. So I have to wait to take the final picture on the doll. I also added a crucifix.
I am following instructions from a book on amigurumi and a nun doll pattern that I got online. The nun doll's designer is Irene Duquette. I google search nun doll and that is how I got the pattern. For the collar, I made a chain long enough to go over his head. Then I joined it and began working in rounds. I do not know exactly how many stiches per row. Once you know the basics is easy to figure it out on your own without a pattern for some of the pieces. The head and body are joined together, the arms are made seperately and then sewn to body under the collar.
I finished this doll in about two hours. I want to mention that I am a beginner at crocheting and knitting, so you can imagine that if I was able to do this, you can too.
No comments:
Post a Comment