Tuesday, February 9, 2010

In the best of families

I love spending time with my sisters and brothers. You can say we are a great big family that sticks together. But there are those times when things go wrong and someone is mad with the other.

In spite of the problems and different temperaments, there is one thing we have in common, we love God. I know that God will never allow us to permanately hate each other. We might be at each other's throat one day and the next be well, like nothing happened.

But it should not be that way! I hate to see my sisters mad at each other and say hurtful things to each other. You are able to forgive but is harder to forget.

I guess since I live farther away from my sisters and Mom, I rarely get involve in the arguements as much.

This last weekend, my sisters had an arguement. I am not going to give you all the details, or repeat what they said to each other, to respect their privacy. The fact is that a small incident brought about the whole issue. My sisters have very strong temperaments. They just do not give up. Another sister tried to make them reconcile and things got worse. I kept silent. I have tried to fix things before and got hurt in the process. Then there is our Mother. Who says she does not side on any one of them. But in reality she does.

I do not agree with either. To me they were both wrong. But what else can I do. Pray, Pray, and Pray.

I truly wish that I will be able to visit them and not hear them fight. I know that the problem is the devil. He is just looking for the perfect moment to bring chaos in families. He hates families that are into the ways of God. He knows our weaknesses well, and he enjoys to see families divided.

I am offering myself this year to the service of God. I will be praying to God to work out things between my sisters, so that they no longer fight. There are certain things that can only be conquered with prayer and fasting. Lent is coming up and what perfect time to do this.

I believe that there will be a change in each one and they will realize that we are family and we need to be a happy family. Love each other as God loves us.

2 comments:

  1. Sister you forgot to share with your readers, how the very next morning being a Sunday "the Lords day" I walked over to my sister and ask her to forgive me because there was no way I was going to go to mass and receive the holy communion being upset with my sister although I did admit my (part) of fault Im always the one who says sorry first but I rather take that humiliation and work things out ASAP then have the devil ruin our love and friendship,, love your favorite sister (he he)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Sister you did right, I am proud of you. But also know that our Sister also went and asked Mom to forgive her. And I know she will ask you first but was giving you time to calm down. I love you both and our other sisters too. I want us to always be nice to each other and not hurt each other. That is my prayer always. We are changed by a perfect God. Amen.

    ReplyDelete