Well this Saturday, I was busy sewing, and my kids were busy cleaning their rooms. I have been doing things in my craft area and the table was cluttered with fabric, foamy, patterns, and all kinds of other craft supplies used over the holidays.
I started putting things away in their boxes and drawers, folded the fabrics and got the table all clear to start on my new projects. Somehow it will probably end up the same way, but I will try to put things away as soon as I am done to avoid this problem.
I like to have my creative space in the attic, because in case its messy, no one will get to see it unless they go up there. I do not like to use the kitchen table or coffee table in the living room, but sometimes I just do. I try to keep this areas as clutter free as possible. My bedroom is a sacred area. No hobbies or clutter hidding place there. I try to keep it as clutter free as possible. My house is not perfectly in order and perhaps it will never be, but I can rest peacefully knowing that if unexpected guest come over, they can find a place to sit.
Kids rooms are my biggest challenge, but I have resisted the temptation of cleaning them myself. My kids made their rooms as clean as possible this weekend. No clutter on beds or floors. Toys have a labeled box, but somehow they managed to get everything in a box even if it was not the right one. I still, rewarded their effort and good attitude to clean their room. All kids channels are still blocked for a while. I had to stop being a nice Mom, and not permit them to see tv until those rooms where cleaned.
I kept hearing daughter say, " I am so proud of myself and how clean my room looks." She even found things she had been looking for.
Kids are off for a whole week. So I plan to keep them busy and off the tv. We will probably go to the museum. And if possible to Mass in the mornings. We are attending Mass on wednesday together as family. I am glad there is a noon Mass and evening Mass this year at our parish.
Getting back to my knitting, I am almost done with the prayer shawl. I will post pictures tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment