Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Planning Liturgical Year Celebrations

It all started with the holy cards that I wanted to arrange in trading card binder pages.  The ones that were to large, I decided to make scrapbook pages place in sheet protectors and arrange in the binders. 

I also have a binder of all the coloring pages of Saints that my children have done over the past year.  Most are from Waltzing Matilda, Paper Dali, and DLTK for kids.  I arranged them by feast day.

Now I have two binders.  One with all the coloring pages and the other with holy cards and short biographies of Saints.  I have made a collection of Saint biographies for most of the most popular Saints.  And I have researched some of the Saints associated with special dates of our family.  Such as birthdays, baptisms, 1st. Communions, and Confirmation.  I also looked up Saints with our names.

After organizing all these short biographies, I decided to make a list of all the Feast days that we will be celebrating.  Including some of our own family patron saints, our Mexican traditional feast, and family special events.

This is going to make it much more easier for me to plan ahead of time for each feast and special activities for each day.  I borrowed this idea from some of the Catholic Mom's blogs. I will not be celebrating all the same feast days.  I have chosen only the most important feast days and our own favorite Saint Days.

I will post my list later.

1 comment:

  1. I like this! Do yo have pictures of your binders? I would ike to do something similar...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete