Monday, July 26, 2010

One Year Ago

One year ago this blog came to be.  I thank God for all the wonderful people that I have connected with, through this blog.  I have learned so much from other bloggers. as well.  I have been comforted. I have joined people in their prayers.  People have joined me in my prayers.

Thank You.

Here is a list of my favorite blogs and sites that I have been following over the past year.

This blog came to be thanks to two women that have inspired me by their unique talents. 

One is Laura @ I'm an Organizing Junkie  and the other one is  Jessica @ Shower of Roses .

Laura is a Mom, who enjoys organizing her home in very unique ways.  Every month she has an organization challenge and other bloggers link to her blog to share their own projects.  She also hosts Menu Mondays.  I learned to make a monthly planner of meals for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.  It has helped me to plan my grocery shopping day, and  to make inventory of my fridge and pantry.

Jessica is a Catholic Homeschool Mom.  When I got introduced to Little Flowers Girls' Club by my sister Erica.  I searched for ideas on how to start my own group.  I found Jessica's blog on the Little Flower's Girls' club blog.   Jessica has another blog Catholic Cuisine.  She and her friends post recipes for cakes and meals that have traditionally been served to celebrate the feast days of Saints and other important feast of Catholic Tradition and Faith.

Jessica's blog was so helpful to me in many ways, that I decided to make my own blog and share with others the talents that God has given me.

Once I started this blog, and began writting my own posts, I learned about following blogs.

While participating in the Home Organization projects that Laura was hosting on her website, I got to meet many Mom bloggers.  Many with similiar interest.   Many of them inspired me with their own blogs.  One of those ladies is Melinda @ Coming Clean

Melinda also hosted an 8 week home organization project.  Each week we were to post our goals for that week and then at the end of the week, we will share our finished projects and accomplishments.  Melinda is an inspirational Mom.   She shares her struggles in parenthood.  I learned that I am not the only one out here struggling with paranting issues.   She is a strong woman of faith.

Then I found Ann Voskamp @ Holy Experience.  Another wonderful, amazing, homeschool mother, writter, and woman of faith.  Ann hosts Walk With Him Wednesdays.  A place to share your faith with others. To share your journal entries and your unique ways of keeping a prayer life, a marriage, a home.

Reading the posts shared at Holy Experience, I met

Dianne @ EverythingElseThrownin   A wonderful, sweet Christian woman, who is always leaving encouraging comments on my posts.  Thank you Dianne.

Jennifer @ Getting Down With Jesus  A woman of faith, writer, mother, and wife of a farmer.  She inspires me with her posts.  I learn from Jennifer about a tent and altar  how to always carry your bible, prayer journal, and inspirational books with you.

Thanks to Jennifer, I also got introduced to (in)Courage, a blog were many women share their life testimony and their Walk with Christ.

Through (in)Courage, I met Heather @ Especially Heather, strong woman of faith.  Her testimony has helped me to strenghten me in my own struggles with my daughter's illness.  The miracle that God is showing through the life of Emma, encourages me to keep hope alive in me.  Nothing is impossible for God!

Now here is a list of my favorite blogs that have helped me, in discovering the beautiful traditions of the Catholic Faith.  These are amazing, talented, homeschool mothers that have excellent craft ideas.   They share their unique ways in keeping a Domestic Church.  John Paul II wrote in one of his encyclicals that we are all called to make our homes a domestic church.  And these women have accomplished it.


Lacy @ Catholic Icing

Xhonane @ Familia Catolica

Jamie @ Lord Make Me A Saint  Jamie inspired me to not limit my family to only two children.  Since I had to c-section surgeries, I thought two children were enough for me.  Jamie has five children, I believe all born through c-section surgeries.  If she can do it, I can too.  Unfortunately my last pregnancy was lost in the first week, last November 2009.  But I still have hope that I can get pregnant again, if its in God's plans. Nothing is imposible for those who trust in the Lord.

Vee @ Paper Dali  Amazing Paper Dolls of Saints and Historical Figures.

Anne @ Under Her Starry Mantle

Charlotte@ Waltzing Matilda  An artist who shares her talent, wonderful coloring pages of Saints.

Jenn @ Wild Flowers and Marbles

And these two sites The Resourse Site  and Catholic Toolbox,  excellent places filled with educational resources for Catechists and Homeschoolers.

Before I end this post I want to thank  the regular followers of my blog.  Some already mentioned above.

But I want to especially thank my dear friend at  Become What You Are, thank you for your words of encouragement.  You are inspiration to me.  You are an extraordinary Mom, Grandmother, God-mother, and Friend.  Your family is blessed to have you. 

For those who follow anonymously, I hope you are blessed by what you read on my posts. 

And last but not least.  I  want to also give thanks to two amazing persons in my life who also read this blog and who inspire me in many ways.

My sister Erica.  Thank you for praying for me while I was decerning my call and finding my way back home.  Thank you for respecting my beliefs and thank you also for the hard words spoken to me, I do not hold it against you. I love you and you will always be my closest dearest best friend.

And my new friend, and sister in Christ Jesus, Sister Clare.  Thank you for sharing your testimony with me.  Thank you for teaching me how to hold my children in the palm of my hand, not to loose so that they will not fall out, and not to tight, so that they are able to breathe.  Where ever God takes you, may your ministry be blessed, may you be a blessing to many others, the way you have been a blessing to me.



My Lord Jesus, thank you for choosing me, a sinner, a broken vessel.   You broke me in little pieces, in order to rebuild me into the person I should be.  You are the number one inspiration for this blog.  Without you, I will not be here.  I will not have the courage to speak to so many people and share my life with them.

I am yours, and your alone completely. My Jesus, My Savior. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I hope you will continue to share your family, faith, life with us for many, many years to come!

    Thank you for your kind words. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, dear Rosario,
    I am humbled that you listed me in your post. Thank you so much. I was drawn to your sincerity, your love for the Lord, and your dedication to family and friends.

    You are also a very good writer and really know how to say things that penetrate my heart. Yes, happy anniversary and I also hope you will blog for many more years.

    Love you,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rosario, you almost make me cry with this beautiful post! You have a gift in putting into words your feelings and thoughts!!! Thank you for mentioning Familia Católica and for sharing about the other blogs!! I am honored! I am so glad to have another bilingual mom as a friend in this adventure!! God bless you and congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete