Like every Friday, we get up early and get ready to go to the weekly Eucharist Adoration at a Parish a few towns away from our home. It only takes us about 15 minutes to get there depending on trafic.
The Mass starts at 8:30 AM followed by the Eucharist Adoration. During this time there is some prayers and songs recited. There is also a long period of silence, where everyone prays silently their own devotions and intentions.
I have been taking the kids with me for the last two weeks. I thought of making a prayer book for them to read during the silence time. This has kept my son quiet for a while.
At home we watched the video for the 4th day of the Holy heroes program. For the craft they did family trees and their snack was rice krispies treats. I used the already made treats. I know how to make them but decided to skip all that for today. I asked the children, why where this treats suggested for today's lesson? Answer: Rice krispies stick together like families stick together. Today's lesson: Jesus chose your family with a reason.
We also made some scapulars since today is the day of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.
For the background we used felt, and printed this cards from a link found in the blog Shower of Roses.
For the cord I used brown thread used for cross stitching.
Tomorrow we will be doing our last day of our Summer Faith Adventure. My other niece will join us also and my youngest sister will be here too. They are all going to a music concert in the evening.
Hope you all have a very blessed weekend.
Rosario.. Eres la primera hoy, que me hace llarar...ME HAS EMOCIONADO: Admíteme en tu familia como el último hermanito más, no te daré trabajo, pero os querré mucho...Besos. MALA tRADUCION: eRES LA PRIMERA HOY QUE ME HACES LLORAR...ME HAS EMOCIONADO,,,, HAZME DE TU FAMILIA EL ULTIMO,,, NO TE DARÉ TRABAJO
ReplyDeleteRosario, you always inspire me even though I don't have children in the home any longer. You are making so many memories and instilling so many values in your children. Surely they will "rise up and called you blessed" one day.
ReplyDeleteLoving you,
Dianne
Thank you Dianne. You are so sweet. My desire is for my children to keep all this nice memories in their heart, but also share many with their own children if they decide to take the vocation of parenthood.
ReplyDelete