I have been placing pictures and the art that my kids do on the front window of my home. You can see them well from the street. I have a printout of our lady of Guadalupe. A coloring picture of Jesus with a great big heart and in the middle the world, to show that Jesus loves the whole world. Another coloring picture of a girl on her knees praying, I wrote on the bottom, Praying for Life.
I have another coloring picture of a cross with a drape that I colored purple to signify lent. I also had the Paper Dali coloring page of St. Patrick. But I recently took it off.
I want to continue putting this coloring pages to send a message to all who see them when they walk by. I know that Jehovah Witnesses walk by often around this neighborhood. They used to come and knock on my door, but lately they just pass by. I am not sure if it is because our neighbors dogs are always outside barking loud or because they rather skip my house. Once I told one lady that I was Catholic and loved to read my bible. I believe that was the last time someone came knocking at my door.
Getting back to the window displays. I think it is a very good way to evangelize and to show to others what we believe. I am working on a display for Easter. If anyone has some ideas please let me know. Most of the Easter decorations on the stores have eggs and bunnies, nothing that shows the real meaning of Easter. I want to let people know what Easter is truly about. The resurrection of our Lord Jesus.
If you have a hobby lobby near you, they always have eggs, bunnies AND Christian items.
ReplyDeleteThere are also some things on the web. Here is one link for you to look at:
http://www.teacherhelp.org/easter.htm#bulletin