As you all now this are the last two weeks before Easter. And they are very special to me. Almost every year my birthday falls either on Palm Sunday or a week before. This year is a day before Palm Sunday.
I had been thinking of making something special to celebrate my 37th birthday this year. I will love to have my family and closest friend here and celebrate with me. The best thing about my birthday is that for the last 13 years I have share my birthday with my first nephew. It was a great blessing for me to become an aunt and be present at the birth of my nephew.
In the past few years, my sister has been celebrating her kids birthdays on the same day in the summertime. But I am not sure what she will do this year, since nephew will be officially a teenager.
Another event has come up. There will be a retreat on my birthday at our church for those receiving first communion this Easter Vigil. The Sister in charge of planning this event has asked me to help. I agreed. What better way to celebrate my birthday than by doing something for the church. I could always celebrate my birthday later that day. The retreat is just from 9 am to 12:30 pm.
I am so happy that God is making me useful at my parish. The Pastor has asked me to lead the parents group during the time the children are taking their faith formation class. This will probably start after the Easter festivities. But I am so happy and nervous at the same time. I will be praying daily and asking the Holy Spirit for guidance. I pray that the parents will be interested in staying for the group. Most of the parents just drop off their kids and leave. But there is a few that stay and it will be of great benefit for all of us to take part of this group. What will the group do? It will be mostly sharing our faith. Praying for each other and learning what the church teaches so that we can be good role models for our kids.
Please continue to keep me in your prayers for God to continue guiding me. Also my daughter's appointment is on Holy Thursday. We believe for a good report from the doctors regarding her scoliosis. We pray that no surgery will be needed ever. We pray that God will heal her.
My brother-in- law's immigration appointment is on the 9th of April. We also continue to pray for an aproval to his case. We pray he will be able to receive legal residency and return home with his wife and children. And their wedding will be taking place as scheduled in June.
I believe God is at work for each petition and his will will be done in each. Have a very blessed day. And God bless you aboundantly.
Because I forget nearly everything (sometimes I'm not even sure of my own name!) let me send you birthday blessings, prayers and wishes! Such a youngster! :)
ReplyDeleteMy birthday is in about 2 weeks, so I also find my birthday close to Holy Week/Easter often.
How exciting to take on the parents' group! May the Holy Spirit be with you as you undertake this great work!
I'm baaack!
ReplyDeleteI've been praying for your daughter and her appointment on Holy Thursday (though I've not said so until now) and I've come back to ask if we could exchange prayers? My daughter got a chest xray today to rule out pneumonia and we learned that she has what the radiologist called "significant scoliosis." We don't have any more details as the radi seemed to disappear before our doc could get details, so I don't know the percentage or even what "significant" means. I am praying and confident that it is not going to be a big problem for her and I am trusting God even to heal her.
Thanks, friend. God bless!