Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patricks!




Mission accomplished. I was able to finish a headband for daughter to wear to school. I even made another one this morning to attach the green shamrocks. Today they are able to wear a green shirt with their uniform pants. But my fashion girl, always has to accesorize her look.




Wow I can not believe how easy it is to make those headbands. It took me about and hour to do one. Daughter did not want her headband to be very wide. So I only did four rows of the pattern to get it the right width for her.




For the white headband. I used a shell pattern, one shell per row. That is two dsc, 1c, two dsc, sl, 1c, then turn to do next row and repeat. I am not sure if I am giving you the right directions. I just used the stiches that I have been learning in my other projects.


After school, we will have a St. Patricks celebration, with snacks and something that I am working on. Probably green spaghetti or pasta. My Mom did the green spaghetti one time for a Shrek team party for my nephew about four years ago, it had a hint of jalapeno in it. Not to spicy so that the kids are able to eat it and green tomato sauce.


Have to start my morning routine schedule. This last two days I have been following the schedule as best as I can. And even though it looks like not much has been done, but I am starting to see progress. The trick is to stick to it and not procrastinate. Procrastinations is fear of success. I want to succeed and accomplish my goals. My room is finally clutter free. I will have pictures tomorrow. I am able to use my desk for writting without having to move piles of papers away. " Great things happen when women put their mind to work."


Marla from the Flylady system calls house chores, " blessings" and that is the word I always use now to refer to my house chores. I am blessing my home, each room at a time in just 15 minutes per day. Some rooms take me less than 10 minutes.


Happy St. Patrick's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment