Friday, March 12, 2010

Sacred Heart of Jesus


I have been devoted to the Sacred heart of Jesus for as long as I can remember. Since a child, I remember seeing images of the Sacred heart of Jesus in churches and feel embraced by the arms of Jesus. That was my first icon I got for my home. And even when I became a Christian I will always keep the icon in a very special place in my home.


Now that I have return to the Catholic faith, I have made a special place in my home for all special Saint icons. But the Sacred heart continues to be my favorite. I wanted one with his arms opened wide. But the one I have has his arms on his chest showin the marks of the nails.


Today I saw a special on Spanish EWTN regarding Saint Margaret and the devotion of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Just yesterday, I started a novena to the sacred heart of Jesus. It is amazing how God talks to me. I wanted to pray a novena for this week and I was not sure which one to do. And then I decided to start with the sacred heart novena. I will be praying novena, from now until I receive an answer to my prayers. I already finished the novena to Mary undoer of knots. I heard that it is a very powerful novena. Padre Pio was very devoted to the Sacred heart of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment