Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Preparing for Easter

I have so much to do this next two weeks. As I wrote to you in my last post. I have been thinking of making a window display for my neighbors to see. I looked for ideas on other Catholic parents blogs and I came up with this idea.

This week, I will have on display the entrance of Jesus into Jerusalem. I was a Sunday School teacher for my former church. Over the years I collected posters and bulletin cut outs of the bible stories the children learned every Sunday. Since every three months a new package was ordered we had all this posters left over and I kept some to use at home with my children. I always had the idea to keep teaching my children at home what they only learn on Sundays. I even have the room set up for home school but have never had the chance to start.

We always gather at our living room and do our projects there. I had most of this items in the attic in a box. I used some of the posters last year for my first year as a Cathechist. Today, I remember this posters and I knew I had one of Jesus entering Jerusalem on the donkey and the people holding palm branches. I looked all over my paper files and I knew it was somewhere. I have so much here and there, and I need to get it all together and make use of all this wonderful information.

I found the poster! In another box of paper files, the folder was labeled Faith Formation. I am so glad for hanging files and labels. It makes it easier to find things. This week I had programed to work in my attic. I need to organize all of my kid's toys. Get rid of those they have outgrowned. And keep the ones they use in their proper box. Get the school room ready for this summer study of the Saints.

I also have to prepare the bedroom for my brother, he will move in next month. Need to re-organize daughter's room for her to share with her brother. So much to do! But I am positive that I can accomplish my goals if I do a little at a time. And not get distracted.

Next week's window display will be the stations of the cross and for Easter, I have some wonderful coloring pages of Jesus standing in front of the empty tomb with Mary Magdalene. I will have pictures later.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see your photos. We have nice big windows in our apartment that face out and I try to have something religious in each of them. Right now I just have some Guadalupe window clings that I picked up at the Catholic book store as well as some Easter chick/egg stuff.

    ReplyDelete