Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A very Special Day


Today as I write this post that I will share at Ann's blog Holy Experience for Walk with Him Wednesday, I feel happy, thankful.
In the Catholic Faith today we celebrate the feast of Our Lady of the most Holy rosary. Another icon of Mary, that reminds us to pray our rosary. So, what is a rosary? What is it used for? The rosary is a string with beads forming a necklace and at one end there are five more beads and a cross. Catholics use the rosary to recite prayers, prayers taken from the bible. Words that are actually found in the bible are what we recite while saying the rosary. The Our Father. The very words that Jesus thought us to pray. The Hail Mary. "Hail Mary, the Lord is with thee, Blessed are though amongs women and blessed is the fruit of thine womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen."

The rosary is divided in decades in between each decade we meditate in a mystery or scripture from the bible that reminds us of the life of our Lord Jesus. We start with the Our Father, then we repeat the Hail Mary ten times. While we say the prayers we meditate on the mystery or scripture. I sometimes say a prayer of my own, in intercession for someone in my prayer list.

Today's feast is more special to me because my name is Rosario. I have written a post about my name here. Rosary in Latin means garland of roses. You can read more about the rosary at this site.

This week, I have been praying the rosary every day. At our parish we have a new tradition, to take the icon of our Lady of Guadalupe home for a week and pray the rosary for an increase in vocations. My daughter wanted to bring the icon home this week, so we did. Along with the icon we brought a vase with fresh roses. It reminded me of the prayer to St. Therese.

"St.Therese, Little flower, pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of Love."

Once again, God is reminding me of his Love. He reminds me through his Mother Mary to pray, to spend quiet time with Him reading the scriptures, meditating in the scriptures. Praying the rosary. Interceding for others in need. Replacing my worries and fears, with his love. Replacing my moments of anger with Love.


As I read his word today he reminded me of how gracious and merciful he is. Slow to anger, rich in clemency. (Jonah 4:1-11) And he asked, " Have you reason to be angry." No Lord, I have no reason to be angry. I am happy, thankful, of the things you provide for me each day. Thankful for my children, my husband, yes and even the house chores. Because I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.
Now go visit Holy Experience to read others experiences in prayer during Walk with Him Wednesday.


1 comment:

  1. This Protestant woman thanks you today for this beautiful explanation. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete