I did it! I went to do my laundry at a laundromat. I loaded the washers and read a book while I waited for them to be done. I decided to dry the clothes there too to get it all done. The washers take about 30 minutes to wash. I had 5 loads. Jeans, whites, blacks and navy, lights(pastels), and reds and other brite colors. This is the way I like to separate my laundry. The dryers are 25 cents per 7 minutes dry time. So I figured $1 each will be enough. I was wrong. $1.25 if you want your clothes well dry. I consilidated clothes for the dryers. All the jeans went in one, the lights and whites in another, and the rest in the third dryer. So in all I spent $13.75 for everything.
The benifits of the laundromat are: you get do do everything in less than 2 hours, wash, dry and fold. I even got to socialize with a few of the people there. And I read two chapters of the book that I'm reading while waiting for the washers and dryers to be done.
I still prefer to do it at home. I am thankful that I have a washer and dryer, and believe I will take care of them better now. Now, my family size is just 4 people, imagine what big families spend on laundry each week. I hope my washer gets replaced soon before next weeks laundry day.
No comments:
Post a Comment