
My name is Rosario, which is rosary in Spanish. When I was younger I disliked my name. It was to hard for others to pronounce it, so they will call me Rose, or by my middle name Edith. I love being called by my nickname Chayito. Most people whose name is Rosario are called by that nickname. But I hated being called Chayo, the more mature nickname, it made me feel old. LOL
Last year I came to love my name. First of all because it reminds me of the rosary. Secondly, because I was named Rosario in memory of my father's grandmother. In November 2008, I saw my grand aunt in Texas. She was so happy to see me. She told me that I reminded her of her mother. She asked me, "Do you know you were named after her?" She made me feel real special. Suddenly I learned to apreciate my name even more.
I love praying, but saying the rosary was not my favorite thing to do. I always fall asleep or get sleepy after a few misteries. I got an email from this lady that said that she uses her rosary to count her blessings. I thought that is a great idea. I also came up with the name for my blog with that idea, beads4prayer= rosary= Rosario.
I love my name. I thank God for giving my father the idea of giving me this name.
I love my name. I thank God for giving my father the idea of giving me this name.
No comments:
Post a Comment