And how did this faithful servants of God spend time with God.
1. Prayer Time: Daily prayer time. Spending time before the blessed sacrament.
2. Attending daily mass,
3. Reading their bible
4. Fasting (abstaining from food)
5. Praying the rosary
6. Reading books from other Spiritual mentors
7. Reconciliation or Confession.
8. Receiving Holy communion
This are the many ways this Saints and many faithful Catholics spend time with God.
I personally, spend time with God through prayer, reading my bible daily, attending Mass weekly, praying the rosary, visiting the blessed sacrament at least once a month , reading spiritual literature, and receiving communion.
I do not consider myself a saint or perfect person for doing this. I do not believe that doing this things makes you perfect or holy. The only one perfect and holy is God. But is through his grace that we are made perfect in Christ Jesus. Without Jesus in us, we are nothing. God is Love and when he is present in us we radiate Love to others.
Next week I will elaborate more on receiving communion. This is the one thing that draws me closer to God. I invite you now to visit Holy Experience to read how others keep company with Jesus.
Every Wednesday, we Walk with Him, posting a spiritual practice that draws us nearer to His heart.

I agree with you that doing these things do not make us holy, but they put us into a closer relationship with the one who IS holy. That is our blessing. Thank you for sharing Jesus with us today. I will look forward to your post next week about receiving communion. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is not about the "ritual" but the relationship, isn't it?! It took me years to get that! He will meet us wherever and whenever we're willing to open our hearts. I love it when I'm aware enough to pay attention to Him in the little things in my life. He's so faithful and such a personal God. Wonderful post, Rosario. Your blog just keeps getting better and better!
ReplyDeleteWhat a joy to meet you this evening and see your light shining for our Lord. What a beautiful way to share your relationship with Jesus. I just might join you in this dialogue next week.
ReplyDeleteJoyfully His,
Sarah Dawn