
Today is the feast day of St. Theresa of Avila. Here at home we have been crafty today. First I made Pan de Santa Teresa. A recipe from Catholic Cuisiene, I think it came out great. I only did three slices of bread to try it. Just in case my children did not like it and then I will have to eat it all myself. It was delicious, a little soggy though. But I think I know why. The bread has to be a little stale for the recipe to work. I just used regular sandwich bread because its what I had at home.
I also cut out some tissue paper (papel picado), its a mexican craft done to decorate your home or party for "Dia de los Muertos" (All Souls Day). They also use the same technique for Christmas decorations but with different desings. I have been wanting to do this craft for almost a year. I hanged the string with the papel picado in my kitchen. I plan to make more, to take to my kids classrooms. It is hard to cut out the tissue paper precisely without cutting to much or tearing the tissue. But I was patient and determined to do it no matter how it came out. Practice makes perfect. The kids will be coloring a picture of St. Theresa of Avila. Most of the Saints coloring pages are from Waltzing Matilda's Blog. I plan to make a scrapbook or keep all of the finished coloring pages in a binder for each child. I do plan to make Saint feast more special, specially the ones from our Patron Saints. This year I will make a collague of our favorite Saints. The one I pray more to is St. Anthony. I am a forgetful person, so I am always misplacing my keys, and cell phone. I always ask St. Anthony to help me remember where I put them. Ok, I need to end this post now. Husband is almost home and hates to see me on computer when he gets home. Have a blessed day.
No comments:
Post a Comment