Here is what the room looked before starting:
Its not a pretty site. To be honest, I closed the door and walked away thinking I will never get it done.
This is not the first time this room ends up in this mess. I have plenty of pictures to prove it, and I have managed to bring order to the room many times.
In just one hour, this is what I accomplished with minimal help from my son.
We picked up all the clothes from the floor and sorted. Dirty clothes to laundry basket, clean clothes were folded and placed in proper drawers, jackets and sweaters hanged in closet. Toys were picked up and placed in their bins. Not all the toys were organized. We still had a table full of all sorts of items. But no problem we will work on that on the next day.
I actually worked on that myself. There was a few boxes with all kinds of items and toys. I sorted them and placed in their bins. Broken toys went to the trash can. And here is the result of the second day.
I moved the table back into the living room and brought in a smaller table for son to work on his legos.
I had this shoe organizer in his closet, but I decided to use it for his car collection.
The shelfs were used to hold all the toy bins. The bigger toys go in the larger bins. I had labeled his bins a year ago. This makes it easier to know what toys go in which bin. Specially when kids tend to dump all the toys out of the bin. I left some work to be done later. Like the closet.
I want to organize it well, so that is easy to find his clothes. School uniforms go on the bottom pole. Sunday clothes, like shirts and two piece suits go on the top pole. You can see a skirt on your right side. Here is where I had our Mexican traditional outfits and some Halloween costume. I moved those to the guest room closet. And instead placed all of my husbands over sized coats and jackets here. I will post the end result pictures later.
The bottom of the closet needs organization. There's a shoe organizer, and all the unused backpacks, travel suitcase, and sleeping bags at the bottom.
There is a futon matress on top of my son's bed. My daughter is staying temporarily in his room, because its to cold in the attic room at this time. The guest room is used by my brother who stays here all week, and leaves on the weekends to visit my parents. When the kids were younger, they always shared a room. Even though they each had their rooms. So I decided to make one the guest room.
Last summer daughter decided to move to the attic room because she was tired of sharing rooms with her brother. The attic room is divided in sections. The storage area, the family room that never gets used, the craft area, the reading area, and daughters space. But I will be talking more about that room later. You can see a prior post of
daughters room
storage area
family room and craft area
TV /FAMILY ROOM
CRAFT AREA
No comments:
Post a Comment