Sunday, September 18, 2011

Attic Project

One of my biggest challenges in my home is the attic room.  Its was the storage room for all the seldom used items.  Then it became the future family room, but we rarely spent time there.  The exercise bike found its home there too.  And now is sits in a corner, who know when it will be used again. 

Then daughter decided he will make her room in the attic.  And things were moved to one side to make room for her bed and other belongings.  Creating a bigger mess.

I have tried to bring some order to the chaos over the last month. 

So far, one area that has improved about 25%, has been the entrance to the attic room.

This is how it looked a few months ago.




After the two yard sales, I made about $100 dollars.  I decided to use this money to buy some much needed shelfs for this area. 

And here are the after pictures.


Right side, Tupperware inventory area.





Left side. Party supplies.
serving platers, buffet servers,
disposable plates and cups.




The small door is the entrance to a small storage space for all the Christmas bins and extra linens.  If I had been asked, how I wanted this attic to function.  I will had asked for the storage room to be the last room in the attic, and be big enough for some tall shelfs to hold all my christmas and linen bins.  But I was not asked what I wanted, so I have to find ways of making this rooms work the best, for all of us.


This is the area  near the window that faces the street.  This will be part of daughters bedroom.  I plan to work on this area tomorrow.  I plan to work on each area of the room each day. 

At the moment, this area has already undergone some changes.  The coffe table is now in son's room.  Son's toys are now in his room.  The exercise bike was moved to a corner.  And the table with the computer on it. Is covered with a drape.   I will show you more pictures tomorrow.

Remember to Enter the Tupperware giveaway here.  Deadline is Friday, September 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment