Monday, February 20, 2012

Homework Desk


On Sunday, I worked in the office.  I have been going through piles of paper.  Sorting, filing, and shredding.

Here is the before picture of the craft zone desk.

One hour of going through the piles and designating an area for each item. This how I organized the desk.


I found those round containers at the 99 cents store. They hold color pencils, markers, and highlighters.


The magazine holders contain, magazines for scrap booking and other homework activities.  Our family picture journal is there too.  Have not done much in it in almost a year. Empty folders and folders with clipping from magazines that I want to use for motivation collages.

Did you noticed the collage in the second picture.  I made that  for motivation during my 30 day challenge of Body Gospel. I'm using the large calendar as a magnetic board.  I do not have more space on the side of the fridge.  I was not keeping up with updating the calendar.  I might use it later.


For the white magazine holders, I used a tape I found at Michaels.  R and T are my husband's and mine initials.
Both of our first names start with the letter R.  Our last name starts with the T.



This little area above this small drawers, its what I call my Lent meditation.  The little book has prayers. I have a thimble with the name of the City where I grew up, till the age of 8 years.  "Juarez".  I pray for peace to this city because there is violent crimes there almost every day.

This  is my new incoming mail, sorter.  It has more room then the one I was using before.  I found this one at Salvation Army thrift store. Paid only $2.99 for it. This will help me to not pile papers on top of desk.  I can quickly file it under a category and deal with it later. And in case I'm looking for something in particular it will be easier to find.

I learned about this method at A Bowl full of Lemons.

I will be sharing this post there tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. OH how I love to contain everything! Looks so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what a change!!

    http://lacasitadmaria.blogspot.com/

    María from spain

    ReplyDelete
  3. The before picture is how my two desks look like right now!

    ReplyDelete