Its been a good week, and now its Friday! My kids have left to school. Now I'm ready to spend some time reading. I have been reading a new book. Satan, you Can't Have My Children, by Dr. Iris Delgado. Great Book!
One of my goals for this year is to read more. I have many books on my shelf that have not been read, many are half read. So I want to read them and donate them to other to enjoy reading.
About this book I'm reading, it is giving me the tools to pray for my children. The author has had experience in the subject. She has gone through her own trials and knows that God's Word is powerful. Our fight is not against flesh and blood but against spiritual forces of evil.
Reading this book, reminded me of Stormie Omartian's books. The Power of a Praying Parent. I had this book, but in English, but I can't remember what happen to the book. My Mom found the Spanish versions at Walmart and since then, we have been giving them as gifts to our friends and family. Love that book.
I met with the prayer group on Wednesday. I told them about the book. I asked the ladies to pray for those that have stopped coming to the group. I believe is the work of the enemy that wants to distract them and not receive the blessings from coming to prayer group.
After prayer group, two ladies and I exercised to a Zumba DVD. We had so much fun!
At home, I have been very busy decluttering those areas in my home that tend to pile up with stuff and paper piles.
One area that I worked in was the Kitchen.
This area above the microwave needed some organization. With the help of some baskets here is the result.
I moved the coffee maker to this corner with the coffee and sugar bins. It is so much easier to prepare coffee in the mornings. I moved the dish basket to the other side. The basket was blocking the disposal switch making hard for me to turn it on when I needed it. I also moved the utensils carrusel closer to the dish basket. Now I can easily placed them there after they are dry. And they are still near when I need them while cooking meals.
I placed the ceramic dishes on the counter instead of the cabinets. My kids can easily grab them to set the table and not reach up into the top cabinets. I have always been scared that they might fall. I always used plastic cups and plates for the kids but they are growing out of them. I still keep them in a drawer close to their reach. All the toddler cups have been retired. Donated to thrift shops. They are much better with spilling stuff. I love that tupperware has this nice cups or tumblers with spill proff tops. I use them all the time too.
I also worked in the office and laundry room. I will show you pictures later.
Well have to get back to reading my book. I almost forgot! I started the Insanity exercise workouts. I'm trying to do the exercises right after I finish the home blessings (5 minutes in each room tidy ups). The first week is the hardest. But after the first week, the pain becomes less and you begin to enjoy the workouts.
Hope you all have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment