Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Get it Done!

So this week, I have been dealing with issues that needed to be addressed.  One thing that we still have pending is filing taxes.  We usually do them with reasonable time.  But the last few years, we have been waiting to the last two weeks before they are due.

I have the paperwork ready, the problem is contacting our the tax prepare person and making an appointment.  We have to travel an hour to see her, and it must be on a weekend when husband and I are both available.

I have been working on our budget for this year.  I'm also consolidating my financial document files.  Trying to follow the method that Toni uses at A Bowl full of Lemons.

She uses a budget Box, I decided to use this instead:



Its a 7 pocket portable file holder. Added bonus a pocket in the front for Bills Due.  I have a pocket for stamps, a small calculator and the checks book.  In this picture you see it with the bills but I plan to keep it inside.  What I like about this organizer is that it has a zipper.  I can close it and keep all my documents save inside.

The tabs are labeled
Savings- here I will have a list of Saving Funds, like Christmas and Birthday Gifts, Vacation Savings, School Tuition Saving, Etc.
Expenses- Tracking forms of monthly expenses to help in balancing budget each month.
Budget- The budget for the current month
Pay Stubs- A copy of my husband pay stubs, all in one sheet, easier than having 4 loosely pay stubs.
Forms- Blank forms of the Expense tracker form
Bank Statements- Current Year

I'm using a budget form from Microsoft Works.  Its saved in my computer and I like it because I just enter the numbers and the worksheet does all the adding and subtracting.

I will keep posting about my finances project in later posts

No comments:

Post a Comment