Sunday, September 25, 2011

Something New


I added this two ceramic punkins to this small section in my home.  The punkins were bought at
Pier 1.  I think about 2 years ago.  They were $8 each.  I had a $25 gift card, so I  actually bought 3 but gave one two Mom for her birthday.

My next new item is a cake pedestal that doubles as a punch bowl.  I have always wanted one like this one.  I have seen similar ones, recently on different blogs.  This one in particular is from Princess House.  And I got it for free with my hostess credits.


The third and last item.  Is a  6qt. deep fryer, also from Princess House.  Retail value is $234.95, but I did not pay that much for it.

I only paid $39.95. Another bonus for my party sales.  I already used it to make fries.


The only problem I found is that I have to use a lot of oil. To be able to cover the items I want to fry. So I did something different. I placed the potatoes directly on the oil, instead of the fryer basket. Then I scooped them out and placed on the basket to drain out the oil.

The problem with this method was that I had some potatoes stuck to the pan. Great! I thought, "I just ruined my new pan.

I removed all the oil from the pan.  Placed some warm water and dish soap in the pan.  Let it soaked for like 2O minutes and then washed with a sponge.  The food stuck to the pan was easily removed.  Amazing!  Even better than the Teflon pans.

Have you ever hosted a party of your own?  What company?  Did you win anything?  Please share your answers in the comments.

1 comment: