Tuesday, September 27, 2011

God's Mercy

It's been a while that I do not share post regarding my faith.

For those of you who recently joined me as a reader. You can read my testimony by going to the tab at the top of this page.

I warn you is quite long. But if you want to get to know me better, that will be the best way.

Today, I want to talk to all of you about God's Mercy in my life and the life of family members.

I'm not sure how I came to this understanding but somehow, I always known I'm an intercessor. There has been many nights I wake up in the middle of the night and pray. I learned that God calls me out of my sleep for a special reason. Sometimes a name comes to my mind. Sometimes I do not know for whom I need to pray for.

When I first moved to this neighborhood. Close to 15 years ago. My neighborhood was a scary place to live. Home to many homeless people. Some of them will hang out at the two liquor stores, both located on the same street I lived on, three blocks away from each other.

You can imagine what other activities took place in the neighborhood. Over the years I have seen so many things. But also over the years, I have prayed for this neighborhood.

This neighborhood has changed over the years. Vacant lots have now been occupied by tall residential buildings. The closest liquor store to my home, was remodeled after a fire. And converted to just a food market. They no longer sale liquor in that store. Houses have been remodeled and sold to people who work in the big city.

There is less homeless people hanging around, the ones who have stayed are very friendly. The illegal activities have moved to another section of the neighborhood, away from our house. Occasionally, I hear gunshots. And since I live very close to a busy freeway, I also hear when accidents happen on it.

I asked my daughter to describe our neighborhood and she said it was "ghetto". Some of my family members avoid coming to my home for that reason. But you know, I love my neighborhood. To me is home. I have learned to appreciate were I live. It might not be a suburb. But if I focus on the good things happening in our neighborhood, like vegetable gardens sprouting up in vacant lots, that are being cared by students from our local schools. The good outweighs the bad.

I always give credit to God for the changes in my neighborhood. I know that many of my prayers have been answered. I know by now you are wondering when will I start talking about God's mercy in my life. How does the above relate to God's mercy. In many ways.

God called me here to be an intercessor for this neighborhood. I might not be the only one. But I do pray for this neighborhood. I pray for our safety too. You never know, when we will be in the middle of a drive-by shooting. Our intersect with a car chased by police.

God protected us once already, a few months ago. Police where chasing a car that speeded by me, when I was two cars away from making a left turn. That car could had hit us.

Since my brother moved into my home, I also pray for his safety. He gets home late at night, and it worries me. A few nights ago, I could not sleep. I went to the living room and looked at the window. Did not see my brother's car. So I went back to bed but I first prayed for him. I asked the guardian angels to protect him. And I also prayed the divine mercy chaplet. Then I fell asleep.

I was awaken by my cell phone. It was a call from my brother. He told me not to worry, he will be home soon. Also that he had crashed his car but he was ok. He did not give me more details. God's mercy saved him.

When he got home, and I did not see any injuries on him. I was thankful to God for protecting him. I can't give you much more details about his accident. All I know is that God saved my brother. That's all that matters to me. My brother is ok, with a mark from the seat belt, holding him tight. But he is here with us. Thank you Merciful Father.

And I continue to pray daily for God's mercy. On us, and of the whole world. You can find the chaplet of the "Divine Mercy" Here. It is a short prayer. Only takes about 5-10 minutes to pray. But is powerful. I have seen the power of God and his mercy when I have prayed this prayer for others. You can read about that here

I pray that you have a blessed day. And remember me in your prayers.  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God Rosario for His Mercy upon you and your family! You are a woman of faith, and that is the best example you can give to your family!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosario,
    I just finished reading your page "This is my story". Thank you for sharing it. It helps me understand your faith. Although I am Protestant, I know we both believe in Jesus and are both Christians. That is good enough for me.

    I appreciate the comment you left on my blog about being afraid. I ask God to help us both overcome our fears.

    It is wonderful that you are an intercessor for your neighborhood and your family. I feel the same way about my neighborhood - a Hindu temple was built very close to us. I asked God, "Why?" I think he knew that I would pray for those people who do not know Jesus. So I try to be faithful to do that.

    May God continue to bless your faith journey. I hope to see you around the bloom book study on "What Women Fear."

    Dios te bendiga.

    ReplyDelete