Saturday, September 3, 2011

Yard Sale #2 Update

Today we hosted another yard sale at our Parish.  This time we did more planning ahead of time.  Once again, I loaded my car and headed to church. 

We began setup at around 9:15 AM. 

The people began coming around 10 AM. 

I was able to sell more items than last weekend.  In all I made $100.

I made some donations to church too.  They were selling nachos and tostadas.  So I did not have to go out to buy lunch, like last week.

I bought a few items from the other sellers.   Some book dividers.  And my Son bought a game for his Nintendo.

So the TV is gone, the boxes of clothes and shoes are gone ( donated to church for future yard sales).  The duvet set is gone.   I feel much better now.  Less clutter in my home.

Next week, I will be organizing what is still left in the attic.  Hopefully I will be able to post pictures of my daughter's finished room.

I plan to purchase some wire shelves for organizing my Tupperware inventory and the party stuff.

The home office needs some organization too.    Plus the craft area.  I need to have a homework area for the kids.  And my desk is always piled with stuff. 

So I worked on a schedule on Friday.  I have set up  time, to deal with this paper clutter.  I have set up days for completing certain tasks (projects) that need immediate attention.

I also updated the Command center on the fridge.  Updated the monthly menu.  I made my own magnetic file holder.  You can't see well in the picture.  I used page covers with index tab. Stapled together and added some contact paper to the top.  Taped a  magnetic strip to the back and now I have a place for emergency numbers, monthly schedules, etc.




This is the craft zone desk.  I want to make this, the kids homework desk. 


Notice what I did with my day calendar.  I used this small plate holder to display my kids picture and the day calendar. 

Shared this post at A bowl full of Lemons.

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for getting organized, and congratulations on a successful parish yard sale! I need to organize closets and make donations to our church community closet so badly. I hope to complete those projects by the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your command center! Your fridge filer is awesome -- did you make it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ricki, thanks for your comments.Tiffany, yes I made that fridge filer. It holds more pages than the one sold at Target.

    ReplyDelete