Thursday, March 17, 2011

Update for March

Going back to my previous post, I remember telling you about my Menu planner.  Well, I managed to update and plan for all of the lent season.  Taking in mind that on Fridays we do not eat meat.  I have a different meal for each day. 

I found a pdf calendar, that I can type in and print.  I did this for March and April.  So now I can see all the menu for each month.  Instead of having a weekly menu.  It is easier to see what I cooked the previous week.  There are days, I do not cook exactly what I have planned, either because we went out to a restaurant or were invited to eat at a relatives house.  

I like planning ahead because it saves me so much time.  I do my grocery shopping weekly.  Last week I bought enough for two weeks.

I notice that when I plan ahead, I even save money.  I have also stopped shopping at the local supermarket.  I buy all the produce at a smaller store that recently opened, they have lots of Mexican products that I use often.  And their prices are much lower. 

Target recently opened near by too.  So now I have another option for buying groceries.  Plus with my Red Card, I am able to contribute 5% to the school of my choice.

We switched our car insurance too.  We have more coverage than before and we are saving up to $500 per year.

We cut down one tv receiver, and also switched provider.  I know have TV, Internet, and a home phone for the same price I was paying for just TV and Internet.

Adding the home line, allowed me to use my cell phone less bringing my bill down $30.

Here and there we have been cutting things down and we are now saving up to $300 per month.

And since husband has been without work for quite a long time, our savings have helped us to pay up our bills.

I continue exercising at home and walking to  school.  I was very sore for a few days from my legs but its going away now.

The women prayer group continues with only three women attending, myself included.  I continue to pray that other women will come and be blessed as we have been blessed.  We will not give up.

Keep me in your prayers.  And remember that I can pray for you.  Just let me know and I will add you to my daily prayer list.

God Bless YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rosario, so sorry I haven't been very faithful in my commenting lately. My life has been kinda crazy the past few months.

    Hopefully things are starting to settle down some.

    I enjoyed reading this post. When I had children at home, I felt like I did so much better when I made menu plans--there was so much less stress when I knew what I was going to cook.

    I'm glad you are saving money.

    I will be praying that God supplies your husband with a good job very soon.

    Hope Marah is continuing to improve.

    Love, Dianne

    ReplyDelete