Monday, January 31, 2011

One month gone by...

So we are now ending this first month of the new year 2011.  Perhaps we have reached some of our new year resolutions, perhaps we have not even tried any of them.

Personally, I did not make any new year resolutions speciafically.   I have tried to do things right away, in order to avoid procrastination and last minute rush.  Like for example: paying off bills, enrolling daughter in middle schools and making son do his homework daily instead of waiting to the day before its due.

So far, things have worked out well.  I did have one bill  that was due this month and somehow it was never mailed and I had to pay online one day before it was due.  I prefer now to pay all my bills online as soon as I get them.  This way I avoid paying them late. 

My husband was off work for a whole month.  That mean that we had to use money from our savings.  Last year I was able to save enough money to last us for at least three month in case husband did not work.  This was so helpful for me, this past month.

Planning your Menus for a week and making weekly grocery list have helped me a lot to save money and only buy what is needed. 

I have organized my pantry a couple of times this month.  This has helped me to see what I need to buy and what I have over stocked.

I started a new prayer shawl with a loom.  I'm trying to work on it daily while I'm praying the rosary.  I will show you pictures later. 

Well  I hope you all are doing well.  And now I back to my home blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment