Sunday, May 23, 2010

St.Rita and Pentecost Day

Yesterday, on St. Rita feast day, my sister gave me this image of St. Rita. I finished the novena to St. Rita on Friday. But I did not have an image of her, I only had a small prayer card of St. Rita. In this picture you are not able to see her face well, because of the flash light.

Also yesterday, I attended the wedding of a long time friend of my sister. My brother-in-law sang the responsorial psalm. The music was with a live Mariachi Band. I wish I could tell you more and show you more pictures, but I first need to ask permission from the couple to share their story with you.

I can tell you, that to me it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies I have ever attended. My sister had another event the same day. She was the godmother for a girl that made her first communion. Since she could not attend the reception of the wedding, my mother and I went in her representation.

The hall was very elegantly decorated.

Here is a picture of the table arrangements. I wanted to take one home, to place next to the image of Our lady of Guadalupe. Unfortunately we were only able to take one, and my Mom took it home.
Mom and I had a very nice time together. We enjoyed the music at the reception, Mariachi Band, and what we call Banda, a group of musicians almost like a school band. It is the most popular music at Mexican-American parties. My kids were with my sister at the first communion party. Later we all got together and Mom went home with my other sister and my brother-in-law took my children and me back home.
Today is Pentecost day. The day that the Holy Spirit descended from heaven and fell upon the disciples of Christ. It is consider the birthday of the Catholic Church.
At our Parish there was much to celebrate today.


The church was decorated with red banners and the altar was cover with a red tablecloth. The pew had red ribbons at the side. Mostly every person was wearing the color red. The altar servers were wearing their white albs with red rosary around their neck.
My daughter was wearing a crocheted hair bandana in red. She looked beautiful. She is the youngest of the six altar servers.
Today was a very special day at our parish because we are saying farewell to our Religious Education director. Sr. Clare is leaving our Parish to go to Chicago to continue her masters degree. We are sad that she is leaving our Parish, but we are thankful of the great accomplishments she made for the parish. I got to know her for a short time, but I tell her that our friendship will continue. She is an amazing person. You see Jesus in her. She is a very wise person, and loves to help others.

Sister Clarita, we pray that God always protect you were ever you go and that he will bless the ministry you are going to accomplish. We do not say goodby because I am sure, we will continue to stay in touch via emails and if possible even visit you in Chicago. Thank you for your friendship. Thank you for the great work you did for our parish. The love you showed all the children and their parents. God bless you in all you do. We pray this in Jesus Name, Amen.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Rosario, such a precious post. And I love, love love it that you guys wore red in honor of the cloven tongues like fire--I wish my church would have done something like that.

    Always peaceful to read your words, dear one.

    Love,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete