Monday, May 17, 2010

St. Gemma Galgani


Yesterday, I came upon the life of St. Gemma Galgani. I had never heard about her. Until yesterday. Her angelic face gave me so much comfort. I read part of her biography and was amazed to know that she was cured of a spine illness. She wore a back brace made of metal and leather.


I came upon her story while google searching for patron saint for spine illness. In the past, I had done this and did not get the same result. It was very interesting to me that her feast day celebrated by the Passionists, is May 16. Yesterday's date.


Her actual feast day is April 11, but the Passionists celebrate it on May 16, because the other one usually falls on the feast day of another saint or around Easter celebrations.
I have been praying different novenas for my daughter's healing. I believe that whatever I ask in Jesus name I may obtain. The saints have interceded for many people in the past. I believe that God hears their intercessions.
At the moment I am praying the novena to St. Rita and the Holy Angels novena. I also say the rosary and the Divine Mercy chaplet daily.
I'm not only praying for my daughter. I also pray for many other children of friends that are suffering of cancer or other illnesses. I pray for my brother to be healed of cystic fibrosis. I pray for the conversion of family members. I continue to pray for an end to the violence in Mexico.
And daily I meditate in God's word for strenght during my trials in life. Thank you for praying for me and my daughter. She had a great time at camp this past week. She was so happy when she arrived at the school on Friday. All the children had a great time.
Saturday we participated in the Spanish first communion Mass. My daughter was an altar server and son was part of the choir.
Sunday, my daughter was an altar server again for the Spanish Mass. She looks so beautiful in her white alb. I once asked her if she wanted to be a nun, but she said no. She wants be a Mom too, after she becomes a famous fashion designer.
Son wants to be a police officer. I hope that he changes his mind, because police officers have risky jobs.
I pray daily for my children to always be close to God. I pray that God will bless them in what ever they decide to accomplish as they grow up. And I pray that I will always be a good guide for them and encourage them in each of their vocations.


1 comment: