Last night, I had another sleepless night. Even if I go to sleep early, and with a peaceful heart, somehow I wake up a few hours later. It is become normal to me.
I went to the living room, grabbed the big huge folder of cds. Went to my kids room and sat on Daughter's bed. Put on the headphones, and started listening to a Hillsongs CD.
I sang along in my mind. I could not make noise for my son was sleeping in his bed. I thank God for my children, and asked him to bless each one. I prayed close to my son, asked God to always keep him in his paths. I pray they never drift away from his ways.
I asked God to help me be a good role model for my children. I turned to look at daughter's bed. An empty bed. Oh, how I miss her. I wish I could give her a hug.
"She will soon be back, do not worry. Let go of your fears." I heard silently in my heart. God was comforting me. I felt like, if I was at his feet, with my head on his lap, and I cried. I could not contain my tears and sobs any longer.
"Oh Lord, please let tomorrow come soon! I want to see my daughter again, and embrace her, and let her know how much I love her. Please Lord, let her know in a dream that you love her and that I love her. May she feel my hug." This was my prayer last night.
Today, I praise God. In a few hours, I will see my daughter again. I can't wait to hear, all the great things that happened at camp. I continue to pray for their safe trip back home.
Son just left to school. Husband left to work early as usual. My brother is in his room, sleeping. I am here in the office, typing this post.
Outside my window, the sky is cloudy. It is quiet around my home at the moment. I will be getting up soon, to go about my daily chores. I hear the puppies waking up and making noises.
The words of the song, I am listening to, as I type this post. "That I will bless the Lord forever, I'll bless Your holy Name."
I am glad that the separation is almost over for you! It is so hard to have our kids gone, isn't it? Whether to camp or boot camp or one of the "camps" in foreign war areas, it is so hard to have our kids gone. Nope, it's not easier when they're grown. :(
ReplyDeleteEnjoy having your daughter back!