Monday, May 10, 2010

st. Molakai and Mother's day

Today is Mothers Day all over Latin America. It has become our tradition to celebrate both days. Yesterday I went to Mass and it was the most beautiful mass because the church was filled with Moms and Grandmothers. The children sang the traditional "mañanitas" song to all the mothers. At the end all the Mothers received a flower from their child. And the blessing from the Father preciding the Mass.

After Mass, I went with my children and spouse to have breakfast. Later, my children and I left to go visit my Mother and sisters. When I arrived at Mom's house the table was filled with flowers. A vase for each of my sisters and I from my youngest sister who is single. And there where also flowers for Mom from Dad, my brother, my kids, and my sister.

Dad said, "Now you can open up a flower shop with all those flowers."

We had for dinner, Mole. It is chicken in a brown sauce that contains chile, peanut butter, chocolate, and other spices. Hmm, my favorite.

For the evening we watched a movie, and when the movie was over, I return home.

Today daughter left to her one week camping trip. She was so enthusiastic about her trip. All her friends where so happy. I will be praying all this week for a safe trip and their safe return home. I know that a few of the parents are also people of faith and will also be praying for all of them. Our children are safe under the protection of their guardian angels, Jesus and our Mother Mary.

Today is also the feast day for St. Damien of Molakai. I will be watching a movie of St. Damien with my son today. I think it is a good idea to bond with my son while daughter is away this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment