Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Grope for Him and Find Him

holy experience



In him we live and move and have our being...Acts 17:28
I want to thank God for giving me life. For daily abiding in me, and the blessings he has given me over the years. And though I have experienced some difficult storms, he is always with me, giving me strenght and hope to continue.
It has been hard at times, I have been close to desesperation, but he never allows us to bear more than what we can handle and he always provides a way out of our difficulties. What makes me stronger and sustains me is his word. Reading short passages daily and meditating on what I have read. What is God telling me here? What action he wants me to take?
Devotionals are very helpful. At the moment I have one called Living Faith. It takes a passage from that day's bible readings and gives you a testimony of someone regarding that particular passage.
Today's devotional is from the book of Acts 17:22-34. Paul is preaching to the people of Athens. He proclaimed to them, "..the God who made the world and all that is in it, the lord of heaven and earth,...." Acts 17:24
God does not need anything from us. "Rather it is he who gives to everyone life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25
God created everything, he even fixed the order of the seasons and the boundaries of their region. "so that people might seek God, even perhaps grope for him and find him, though indeed he is not far from any one of us." Acts 17:27
Thanks be to God. I thank him for all that he has created. I thank God that he has promised to be close to us. I was not familiar with the word "grope", so I search its definition. It means, to feel about or search blindly.
We do not need to see God physically to know he is with us. He is always close to our children even when they are far from us. This week has been a challenging week for me.
My daughter is away for a week on a camping trip from school. She is very close a few hours away, but I feel anxiety and worry. It is the first time she is away from home for a long time and with people that are not from the family. I was not going to let her go. But my sister reminded me of the great time we had at camp away from our parents. We were protected by God. Your daughter will also be protected by God and his angels.
Last night, I could not sleep. The anxiety came over me again. I groped for my rosary and began praying. " God keep all the angels alert. Protect all the children at that camp site. Let this anxiety go away and may I sleep at peace." I finished the rosary and tried to go to sleep. A while later I was soundly asleep.
This morning, I heard on TV the news about a plane crash. 104 passengers, only one boy survived. The reported said it was a miracle. Indeed it is! I give God praise for saving that boy. If God was there for that boy, he is also there for my daughter where ever she is, at all times. He was also there for a family who survived a tornado in Oaklahoma. He is there for you and for me. Never forget it.
Now come over to Holy Experience and read other inspirational posts, and join us in Walking with Him. Everyday not just on Wednesdays.
Hit the button on the top of this post to link to Holy Experience.

5 comments:

  1. I'm groping, too, just reaching out in faith and knowing that He is there. We walk by faith, sister.

    I send you my love today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully He is there when we reach out. I hope your daughter has a great time! I have yet to cross that bridge. Thanks for sharing your journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all are groping, reaching for Him, wanting to see Him.

    This was a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for visiting my blog, for encouraging with your words... may you know peace as you grip... bless you. e.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, God is always there for us. Praying that your daughter returns home safely to you and that you will find peace in the meantime.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete