Friday, May 21, 2010

Never Give Up

I thank God for Christian radio stations. Every day, as I drive to different places, I hear most of my favorite songs on the radio. On those days when I feel sad , there is always a song that lifts me up and changes my day.


The week my daughter was at camp, I heard this song on the radio, The Words I Would Say by Sidewalk Prophets.

When I heard the words, "God has his hands on you", I felt I should stop worring and trust that God was protecting my daughter.

Everytime I hear the song over and over again, I get a different message from it. Today I hear "Never give up, hope", "Be strong in the Lord".

As you have read on my posts, I have a daughter who was diagnosed with scoliosis at a very young age. Her condition continues to get worse and she needs surgery to stop the curvature of her spine. The surgery is scheduled for September of this year. It is a very complicated surgery. At her age, there are many risks.


This is one of the reasons, I was hoping for a miracle. Two years ago, I received a word of knowledge from a former pastor. He said God told him, that my daughter will get healed. I rejoiced at hearing this message from God. The years have passed and yet there is no sign of healing. Sometimes, I wonder what went wrong? It is heartbreaking, to hear the doctors say, she is getting worse than before.


The miracle has not happened yet. Have I lost all hope? No, I have not! I do not know what God's plans are. But somehow, I keep waiting for that miracle. It will come in his timing.


God is able to do things we think are impossible. I see his power at work in the life of others. Children, whom doctors said will not make it past a few months of life, are now reaching their first year. It takes faith and determination to not give up.



My own brother is a miracle. What keeps him going? Faith, Family and Friends. He knows that in order to be well, he needs to be constant with his medicines and respiratory therapy. My brother has cystic fibrosis. A genetic disease that affects the lungs and the digestive system. A patient with CF, will not had made it past the elementary years about 20 years ago. But now, thanks to all the wonderful research done on CF, medicines and treatments. CF patients are able to make it past their thirties.

The doctor asked me, "What do you think has helped your brother stay healthy?" I responded, "his determination to stay healthy. No matter how much we ask him to do things, if he does not care for himself, it is useless what we do or say."

My brother's response, " I want to live, I want to go back to school, get a job helping others. That is what I want to do, that is my motivation." To hear my brother say that, is wonderful.

I am here for a purpose. God has brought me through certain trials, so that I can get my faith strenghten and use my testimony to help others. Help those who have lost all hope. Those who think it is impossible to try. God knows how much I can bear. He will not give more than what I can handle. What keeps me going? Faith, Family and Friends.

Never Give up, have faith, God has his hand on you.

Take some time to listen to the songs on my playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment