Wednesday, April 14, 2010

removing the clutter

I'm not there yet but I am slowly reaching my goal of eliminating the clutter in each room of my home.

The kids room is much better now. The floor is all clear of the boxes and baskets full of clothes and items. Last nite I went through most of the boxes and baskets. I kept sorting things in categories. Keeping, trash, and elsewhere. And to make it easier, for example if it was pencils or craft items I placed in a bin. If it was hair accesories or toys in another bin. When all the sorting was over, I tried to put the items in their proper place. The items I still have to decide where they should go, I have in another bin. But hopefully I will get to do this soon.

Can you believe that I found over fifty pencils. I even sharpen them, so there are ready to be used.

My kids brough home a small box to collect money for the children who suffer from lukemia. My daughter said, "Mom if you find any spare change while sorting those boxes, can you put it in the box. " And that is what I did. I even pour in my spare change that I had collected in a jar from when I am doing laundry. Or when ever husband leaves it on the dresser, I put it in the jar.

When the jar gets full, I place it in rolls and take to bank to deposit in kids account. I am glad that this time is going to help others.

Today, I started to organize the stuff that accumulated in the first room of the attic. This is another problem area. But I am hoping to finally tame the clutter monster. Some say that you can not organize clutter, you must get rid of it. I do, but somehow it comes back.

It like the never ending story. Clutter attracts more clutter. I will have to work harder to keep this from happening again.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, if you figure out how to keep new clutter from accumulating, let me know! Keep it up. It's worth it!

    ReplyDelete