Friday, April 9, 2010

Its Friday!

I love my weekends! Specially Friday because I do not need to worry about cooking anything for dinner. Unless, my sister-in-law decided to close her taco truck earlier than usual.

My sister-in-law is a great Mexican food cook. Once you taste her food, everything else is not good enough. At least that is what most of us say. So Every week they sell Mexican food, and on Fridays she sells the family food. After her regular shift of 10 AM - 4PM, her husband bring the taco truck over to her house and we all go there to eat.

Most of my husband's sibblings live in the neighborhood. Except for three. The oldest brother and one of his sisters lives in LA. Another sister lives in Chicago. My husband is the youngest of nine. Quite a big family.

I am the oldest of five from my Mom. My Mom remarried and from my Dad's side (step-father), I have two sisters and two brothers. Yes, we decided to eliminate the step prefix. I always disliked that. My Dad is the greatest Father I could ever had.

What about my biological Father? I still keep in contact with him. He lives in Utah. But I have not seen my biological Father in almost 18 years. I have seen pictures of him, and talked to him on the phone, but is not the same. My Dad has been there for us since he came into our life. I was eleven and my other two sisters where 9 and 4. Our Dad, walked with me down the isle that day I got married. And also with my other sister who follows me. And I know that he will also walk my younger sister down the isle in June when she has her marriage blessed sacramentally. He has been a great Dad for us as well as for his own children.

Can you believe that my Dad took me to meet my biological grandfather. Not even my Father went to see my grandfather. Why will this man take me to see my grandfather? Because he loves me. Because he cares for me.

And this has helped me to understand God's love for us. That he adopts us as his children and take care of us in many ways. When we think he has abandon us is when he is actually carring us in his arms.

Thank you Jesus, for giving me an awesome family. Thank you for my in-laws too. Thank you for my Husband. Thank you for my children. Thank you for the trials too. Because its through them that you strenghten me more.

1 comment:

  1. Your "step" dad is like my daughter-in-law's "step" dad. He IS her dad, the best there could be. At their reception, both of her dads were there.

    When it came to time for the Father-Daughter dance, she was dancing not with the man who gave her physical life, but with the man who completely shared his life with her, donated his life completely to her and her mom, and taught her how to live. It was really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete