Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Reaching Out to Others

I could be thinking about my own problems and struggles in life.  I could be stuck in a whole, in deep depression, but I am not.

What gives me the energy and courage to continue on with life?  God.

He is the source of my strenght.  " He gives Strenght to the weary and increases the power of the weak." - Isaiah 40:29 NIV

Next week, my daughter will be having spine surgery.  It is a complicated surgery but the Doctors are sure, that all will go well.  The only concern, is to avoid any further complications.  Such as an infection.  Extreme care will be taken, to make sure this does not happen. 

The Doctors will not be working on their own.  I believe God, our divine healer and physician, will be right there guiding the hands of the doctors.

I know, that many people will be praying for my daughter.  We are signing up people, to be praying around the clock on that day.   My Aunt Mary and cousin Nora have volunteer to be there with me at the hospital for support and to pray.   Other family member will also be taking a day off from work to be with us. 

I am so grateful, to have family and friends, that are praying daily. Some have offered to help with what ever we need.   I am grateful, that thanks to the health insurance,  we will not have a co-pay.

But as I prepare for that day, mentally and spiritually.  My heart goes out to those families who are also facing tragedies of their own.  Illnesses that are incurable.  The loss of their child.  A baby with birth defects that  is not given the chance to live, after his/her birth. 

This families need our prayers.  And sometimes this families need our financial support.

And in the midst of our own storms in life; we  are called to be a good Christian and help those who are in much greater needed than we are.

I am sure you know a certain family who is undergoing difficulties and challenges emotionally, physically or financially.  

I know one family, relatives of one of my neighbors.  This young couple, have a two year old daughter who had cancer in the liver.  She was operated and the cancer was removed.  But now she has problems with her lungs. 

I have been praying for this little girl daily.  Praying that God heals her.  That the cancer will not return.

I have also been praying for other children and people that I have met through the blogs.
  Heather and Emma. 
 Baby Jake and his mother.

I believe God answers our prayers.

" The Lord is near to all who call on him,  to all who call on him in truth.  He fullfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them." Psalms 145:18,19

Still my heart wishes to do more.  To help financially if possible, to  help someone in need. 

While reading The Catholic voice, a newspaper that I receive monthly.  I read a story about a young boy.   Aaron Tanner, recently received two organs during two operations held on August 14 and 15 at the UCLA Medical Center.  Aaroon was born with a rare congenital heart defect that limited the ability of his heart to circulate blood throughout his body.  You can read more on him, at his website  Save a Broken Heart 

It is stories like Aaron's,  that touch your heart and move you with compassion to help other in need.  This family needs financial help to cover the medical expenses.

There are other ways you can help others.  I am helping  also to  spread awareness of Cystic Fibrosis.   My brother has cystic fibrosis and the CF foundation has been raising funds to help in medical research for medicines that help patients with CF.

There are many poeple in need of our help.  And we alone can not help everyone.  But our prayers can reach out to many.  Still, if you are not helping anyone at this time financially.  Pray to God to show you, the person or the ministry to help financially.

May the Lord bless you exceedingly, aboundantly and overflowing.  Amen.





holy experience

1 comment:

  1. I know you are focusing on others here, but I want you to know that I am praying much for you and for your sweet girl as the 15th approaches.

    ReplyDelete