Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chore charts

In my search to find the perfect chore chart system that works, I found this great creative idea over at
Such Treasure

I am hoping this one works I will give it a test drive for a week and report on the progress.  I added some extra thing to this chart.  The reward dollars.  Actually paper play money used as reward points.

We had been using this in the past.  They are able to use the reward points for special privileges, such as TV time, computer time and video games.

I used blue cards for Julian and teal for Marah.  Extra chores are in white index cards and written in purple marker.

I have another plastic pouch near the huge calendar with behavior cards.  green for good, yellow for mild, and red for bad.  If the kids get a yellow card, they are not allowed to use their rewards until all chores are completed.  If they get a red card.  They are not allowed to use their rewards and they get an extra chore.  Until all chores are completed, the card will return to green and they are able to use their reward points.

They will be getting one dollar, per chore completed.  They have about 11 cards each, per day.  Play dollars are actually have an actual a value of 25 cents each.

2 comments:

  1. great idea Rosario!! I used to do something similar years ago, you brought me memories. Maybe I should do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scared me there for a minute, ha! I thought boy I have a rich, rich friend--25 cents is more like it!! (Not that there is anything wrong with being rich--smile)

    I think you are teaching your children some very important life lessons--it may seem like a lot of work and bookkeeping now but it will definitely pay off in the long run.

    Way to go! God bless all of you.

    Love,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete