"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good."- Psalm 118:1
Getting back to my normal routines. I had tried to leave everything as clean as possible before the surgery date. Because I knew that I will be at the hospital for most of the day with daughter, until husband was able to come and stay with her so that I will have some time with my son.
Since the surgery did not take place as scheduled. Everything return to its normality. The kids went to school. And I stayed home to update everyone by emails, phone calls, and texts.
I did something different today. I exercised. Second time this week, that I play an exercise video and workout in the comfort of my home. I am such a procrastinator in taking care of my own health. I did not start this exercise workout for the goal of losing weight. I do have some extra bundles here and there, but I have learned to be happy with my image. I do want to exercise for other reasons.
The exercise, helped me to focus on something else. It kind of relaxed me. I set the timer for only 30 minutes, even though the video lasted 45 minutes. I ended doing the last 15 minutes after all. It was a simple routine and I was following the person doing the steps for beginners. Still I felt I was working at a higher level.
After the exercise, I took a break and sat at computer desk , browsed through emails, facebook and myspace.
Then I had breakfast. A delicious protein shake with a piece of fresh cantaloupe.
After breakfast, I started tiding up each room. And did some loads of laundry.
I did get a couple of calls from family. One special call from a friend who also has her daughter in hospital. Her two year old daughter had cancer in her liver and was operated a few months ago. But recently she returned to hospital because of an infection with some tubes used to administer the medicines to her body. She will be discharged from hospital hopefully on Sunday.
I was so grateful for this mother for taking the time and calling me to inquiry on my own daughter. She gave me the strength to keep believing that everything will go well. I told her that if possible I will come by tomorrow to visit her daughter at the hospital.
My heart goes out to all those mothers who are suffering with the illness of their child.
I understand what you are going through. I hope and pray that soon the answer to our prayers will come.
In Jesus, name. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment