Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Important Update

Surgery was postponed. 

Due to Doctor's busy schedule and complications with another case.  He decided to cancel the surgery for today, and re-schedule.

We arrived at the Hospital at 8:45 AM.  By 9:15 we had registered and the nurse checked my daughter, gave her a gown, and told us to wait for anesthesiologist.  Time went by. 

We had been told that surgery will take place two hours after arrival.  It was past 11 AM, no anesthesiologist, no doctor.  The wait continued and daughter began to get inpatient.  Logical, she was practically fasting. 

I prayed, lots of prayers.  I gave her prayers to read and pray on her own.

I held her in my arms for a long time.  Kept praying and waiting for the someone to show up, and tell us they were ready for surgery prep.

The doctor came in at about 12:30 PM.  Took pictures of her back, marked the incision site and told us, it will be soon.  Another half hour passed.

Then another medical assistant came in the room.   And told us that the surgery was canceled.

My daughter was so happy!  She could not wait to get dressed and go home and eat.

We are still waiting for Doctor's confirmation on next surgery date.  It will probably be soon, because of the urgency of her case.   Hoping next time, everything will go as planned and no long waiting period.

I now know that the surgery will take about six hours.  

I feel bad for my family members who took the day off from work.  I have pictures of daughter in her hospital gown and a picture of family in waiting area.  They were taken with phones, so I need to figure out how to upload them. 

The good thing about this experience, was that I was able to text messages to my family while they were waiting.  They were about to go to Aunt Mary's to eat her yummy curry chicken , when I told them the news.

We all ended up going to aunt Mary's house together. 

I will keep you posted on the next date for the surgery.

God bless you and thank you for your prayers. 

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! What a roller coaster! Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Rosario, I am so sorry that the surgery was postponed. I was hoping you all could get this behind you, but I know God's timing is perfect.

    We had a death in our extended family last week so I haven't gotten to keep up very well with my blog reading.

    Praying that the surgery is rescheduled in His perfect timing.

    Love,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete