Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Labor Day weekend
Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend.
I know you are probably wondering why it has been real quite around my blog lately. I have been busy and waiting for some great pictures to share with you. And thinking of nice interesting posts to write.
My youngest brother, was reading my posts in this blog, and thought that I could be boring my readers with my posts. He encouraged me to write something different.
Today, I'm going to give you a summary of my weekend.
Saturday, I attended a wedding. The groom is my older brother. Son of my Dad. Yes, that makes him my step-brother, but we decided to omit the step prefix. We have become very closed with Dad's older children. And this Saturday, was one of the best family reunions ever.
We were all together. Celebrating a special day for brother Sami.
The most memorable moments for me were: The Father and Bride dance. The song played was "Butterflies Kisses", this song, I used to play to my daughter when she was a baby.
The Mom and Groom dance. I do not know the name of the song, but it was so beautiful. Giving thank to his Mom for all the things she did for him.
And our family pictures. The entire extended family together. My Mom included. I was grateful ,that we were all included in the picture. Later, the siblings picture. All 8 of us. 6 Sisters and 2 Brothers. We were missing 1 brother who could not be present. But in our hearts he was there.
I wish I had the pictures, already. Forgot my camera, so we had to use my sister's friend camera.
Sunday, the kids and I went to Mass as usual. Later, we went to eat lunch with husband and his brothers. This is the last weekend, we go out to eat as a family after Mass. Faith Formation classes start next Sunday. And we will be at church until noon.
Monday, I made breakfast here at home. Then we went to pick up some items that were been given away. An elderly man passed away a few weeks ago, and his family is giving away some of his belongings. My downstairs neighbor used to cleaned his house often. She was told, to bring other people, to see if anyone wanted anything. The family needs to vacate the apartment as soon as possible.
I only took a few nice books, a few decorative items, and a 3 tier ceramic party platter. Not much. But husband like the side tables in the bedroom, and we asked if we could take them. The man's nephew, who is in charge of overseeing everything, said it was ok to take them. We also took, a walker and a cane. I had been wanting to get one for my daughter, for after the surgery.
I did not know the deceased man that well, he came a few times to parties here at the house. I pray that he rests in peace.
My downstairs neighbor, gave me a set of lamps, she did not needed anymore. I only needed to get a set of lamp shades, and light bulbs for them. Now, I have to matching side tables and lamps for my bedroom. What a blessing.
Today, my Son has a doctor's appointment, and I will be going grocery shopping. I did not do much around the house over the weekend. I have mount laundry waiting for me too. So I will be busy for the rest of the week.
I hope I can write one of those interesting post like my brother suggested, later on. Blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



sounds like a nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteI like reading your blog. :)
Dear, dear Rosario, no offense to your brother, but please follow your own heart and what God gives you to write.
ReplyDeleteMy stuff bores my brother too. You NEVER bore me with what you write.
I think sometimes I get too long and people don't have time to read really long posts.
The wedding sounds great--the family reunion even better. There is nothing like a wonderful family reunion where no one gets their feelings hurt or gets offended. That is the best kind! Everyone loving one another.
Don't doubt yourself or God. Just be yourself. We love you.
Tickled about your items--lamps, yes!
I hope your daughter doesn't need the cane and walker but only A VERY SHORT TIME!
Love,
Dianne
Dianne