I have not posted much in the last few days. I have been busy preparing for my first day of teaching class after a year of rest.
The students have already made their first communion, and are in the class to continue their Faith formation.
Included among them is my pre-teen daughter.
Today was the first day. I have an assistant. She is an Eucharistic minister and prepares young girls for their Quinceneras (15 birthday celebration). I allowed her to give part of the lesson for today. I want to learn how she teaches the children, I believe she has more knowledge and experience.
Even though I was the one who prepared the materials for the lesson, I want to give her the chance to sow her seed in the life of each of this children.
Our first lesson today was, God created the Universe. We read part of the story in the book of Genesis. I downloaded an activity from one of the blogs for this lesson. It is a Creation Wheel. I found the link at the Catholic toolbox blog. You can find the link on my side bar.
I also gave the students their own binder with side pockets to place all their worksheets, they will be doing in class. Our lesson was from the Sadlier Bilingual Program texbook, Our Catholic Faith.
I also gave them their own journal. I told them to spend one day per week, in quiet time with God in his word, and write a few sentences on what they think God is telling them in the Bible. If they feel like sharing in class they may do so.
I will be giving the children, extra bonus assignments, to complete by the end of the school year so that they may get special rewards. One is to learn the books of the Bible. And for the younger children the names of the Apostles.
I hope that this children have a fun learning experience this year and share with other children so that more children will join the class next year. There is only six children enrolled in the class this year.
One more thing I want to share with you today is that my sister, got in contact with a young girl who has had the same kind of surgery that my daughter will have next month. This young girl has been doing very good after her surgery and its very thankful to the surgeons. We have her contact information and I will be calling her mother to get some tips on how to deal with after surgery recovery.
This is what I had requested the doctors. That I wanted my daughter to speak with other young girls about their surgeries to give my daughter encourgement.
I am thankful that this is a God divine connection. My sister met this girl's mom at a Charismatic service a few years back. Today my sister saw them again at Mass and ask them how they were doing? They told my sister that this girl had her surgery at the same hospital were my daughter will have her surgery. Because that's were the doctor, specializing in this kind of surgery works. We think it might be the same doctor assigned to my daughter's case.
Once again, God is in complete control of everything. He knows what is best for my daughter and we are hopeful that everything will go well next month.
I am ending for now, I am going over to my in-laws house a few houses down the block.
Have a very blessed Sunday evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment