Yesterday, August 15, Catholics celebrated the feast of the Assumption of Mary.
This day has a very special meaning to our family. Is the day my daughter Marah was baptized in the Catholic church. For many years, I ignored this fact. Until a few years back when I couldn't remember what day she was baptized, I looked at her baptismal certificate and there it was August 15, 1999.
As Catholics, the day of our baptism is a very special celebration. Its the day we are welcomed into the church as new members.
Today August 16, we celebrate my son's birthday!
Here are my two amazing kids. Marah is 14 and Julian turned 11 today.
The reason we have a triple celebration is because my husband's birthday is coming up in just a few days.
Summer vacations are almost over here. My daughter starts high school on Monday. And my son will start middle school on August 26.
I love how his birthday, is just before school starts. He usually gets new clothes, new toys, and sometimes money. If anyone call to inquire on what to get him. I always suggest. Blue or khaki pants, white or navy polo shirts, shoes, or money. Get it, school uniform!
I got him a series of books he wanted to read. And we bought his backpack in his favorite neon orange color.
For my daughter's school clothes, she was blessed with a special scholarship program that provided money for her complete uniform for school. All I have to buy her is new shoes and possibly a new backpack.
She was also given an Ipad to use for her school work. And the scholarship program pays for all the apps needed.
God has blessed our family with this scholarship program. We would only be paying $60 monthly for school activities and fees that the scholarship did not cover. The scholarship program paid her tuition, and most of her registration fee. I paid only $50 of the registration fee that was $700.
I believe that being faithful in the small things, brings you great blessings. I believe that if you help others in their need, God rewards you in amazing ways. I believe God has a special plan for my daughter and for my son.
I pray daily that God would guide me in being a good parent for my children. That he would help us in providing the right education and needs for our children.
We had some rough times in our family. We had sickness and we had financial problems. But God continues to be our source of strength in our times of struggle.
My favorite quote: God will never let you down! He promises a safe landing...not a smooth flight."
Please share with me, in what ways God has blessed you and your family. Let us encourage one another. God bless you.

Que hermoso que haya nacido el quince de Agosto y se bautizara el mismo día. Rosario no hay casualidades... Me ha encantado conocerles, son muy guapos, muy grandes ya. Le das un besito de mi parte. Otro muy fuerte para ti.
ReplyDeleteDios os bendiga.
P.D. Voy a estar menos tiempo en el blog durante unas semanas, voy a estar de E.E.