Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dryer Lint Removal

Thanks to Flylady she alerts of  how important it is to clean the vent in your dryer.
You can find one of her posts here. http://www.flylady.net/d/br/2012/05/16/flying-safe/

She recommends buying a lint removal kit.

I didn't get the one they have in their website.  I found mine at CVS

Looks just like this one:
I have been cleaning the vent of the dryer for like 6 years already.  But I never thought that more lint was hiding in other parts of the dryer.  Until the repair man came to fix our dryer.

He opened it up from the front and removed the cylinder that rotates when the dryer is ON.

He said, "If you want you can vacuumed some of the link now before I place everything back."

I have been wanting to do this for years.  I knew that there was lint still left behind and I needed to get it out.

The following pictures are from the inside of my dryer.  15 years old and for the first time, I was able to vacuum the inside cabinet.




My son had already vacuumed most of the lint, when I thought of taking a picture.  All that bottom area was covered in lint.

The repair man said that if you have your dryer to close to the the wall that creates a suction of  lint back into the cabinet.

After the repair man left the house. I went on youtube to see if I could find some videos on cleaning your vents.  There are many!    Mommymilestones  has very interesting videos.

Its suggested that you clean the inside of your dryer at least once a year.  The lint trap should be cleaned after each load.

I hope this post has helped you to see how important it is to clean out your appliances at least once a year.  I thank my heavenly Father that we have never had a fire. Our dryer is quite old, and it has broken down a few times over the years. But it continues to work and be a blessing to my family.

Please share your comments at the end of this post. I want to know what you think. Was it helpful?

2 comments:

  1. Siempre que vengo, aprendo un montón Rosario. No sabia que podía acumularse tanta pelusa, que bueno que volví.Es verdad en Youtube encuentras de todo.
    Quería decirte que fomentes en tu hijo esta inclinación a al música. Yo estudie música, mis hermanos y sobrinos. Es un mundo maravilloso que nos acerca mucho a Dios, y nos crea mucha sensibilidad, mucha riqueza...
    Muchos abrazos.Le das un besito a tu hijo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that link to the YouTube video. I haven't cleaned inside the dryer in ages. I do have one of the kits and try to reach as much as possible, and I also clean out the lint trap every time I do a load of laundry.

    ReplyDelete