Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kitchen Window



Summer is coming soon, though some of us are still getting rough weather, we are praying for warm, sunny days to soon come.

Here in Northern California, we had some cloudy days and showers.  The kids do not get out of school until a few more weeks.

Meanwhile here in our home, I'm beginning to change the decor from Spring to Summer.

Starting with the kitchen window.  I was thinking of a theme for the summer and decided on this:





I had found 3 similar valances at a thrift shop and sew them together to make a longer window covering for the laundry room.  I took one apart from the other two and now I have one for the kitchen window and the other two will go in the home office.

I love light houses.  They remind me of Jesus being the light of the world, and my guide.  The eagle reminds me of the scripture, " and you shall mount up with wings like eagles" Isaiah 40:31

And the flags well 4th of July is coming up next month.  I am thankful to God for being an American Citizen by birth.  And that my children are now second generation Americans.

Thank you Lord Jesus for the "Dream Act", a chance for students not born in USA to be able to fulfill their dreams of higher education.

The kitchen window display helps me to meditate in God's word and pray.  When I'm washing my dishes, I like to pray for others.  It is a time of relaxation for me.  I offer up my works to God.

St. Therese will offer all the little things she did to God.

When I am cleaning my home, I am blessing my family.

What do you have near your sink that inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment