Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy St. Anthony Day!

St. Anthony is my faithful intercessor.  When ever something is missplaced or can't be found, I ask for his intercession.  My kids learned a song that goes like this:

"Tony Tony look around something's lost and can't be found"

Cute, right?

This morning, I could not find my devotional booklet and kept looking and when I found it, I thanked St. Anthony for helping find it, then as I was reading the prayers, it said something about St. Anthony in the prayer and I looked at the beginning and saw that it was St. Anthony's day today. 

Totally forgot his day is in June!  I had promised to light up a candle for him, and had not done this yet.  But I hope this week I can pray a novena to St. Anthony in gratitude for all the help he has provided.

This week is the final week for school.  Kids final day is on Wednesday.

Marah's 6th grade promotion is on Tuesday. 

This last three days are short days, which means they get out at 1:30 PM each day. 

The chore chart is working well.  We also have a reward for their chores done.

We will be going to a County Fair on Thursday and Friday.  Every year, my sister's kids enter a contest with a pig or turkey.  This year, nephew entered a pig, and niece entered a bunny.

Looks like Mr. Pibb ( pig's name) is doing well this year.  Last year's pig was Dr. Pepper he did not make it into the auction.

The kids had  fun and learned a lot about taking care of animals.

Well I hope you have a blessed week.  And Enjoy you Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment