My blog has been quiet all week because, on Monday I left to a camping trip with my daughter's 6th grade class. We camped outdoors up in the hills. It was raining the first day, but no one paid any attention to that. I helped one of the teachers to cook most of the meals.
We were there for 3 days, 2 nights. My thighs hurt from sleeping on the ground on my sleeping bag. We had tents and I shared one with one of the female teachers. We had a total of 30 kids and 6 adults.
The kids did well. The problem was the wild sounds at night, from cayotes, owls, and gophers. The wind was another problem.
The last two days were sunny and we had a talent show on the last night.
We returned on Wednesday, so I have been busy catching up on house chores and errands.
Next week we begin our summer vacations. And I thought I need to put the chore chart to use this summer if the kids want any fun activities.
I bought this chore chart at Target. The chore magnets were not included, I had bought those at Michaels a while ago. For just a dollar.
I had the kids pick two chores to do for the week.
Marah's chores are: laundry, and feed the pets.
Julian's chores are: wash dishes and clean the bathroom.
Everyone has two clean their rooms every day. If chores are not done, no TV, computer, or video games.
If we all work together and do our assigned chores we get to do a fun activity.
They will be attending VBS next week at a close by Christian Church.
And Marah might be attending a School Summer Camp all month in July.
I have to find something for Julian to do also this summer while his sister is at summer camp.
I have also done a schedule for Laundry. We will be sorting the clothes in bins on Saturday. And each day is assigned to a particular type of clothes.
This way we are not spending all day doing laundry. Just a few loads per day. We will be having less laundry since the kids will not be using uniforms this summer.
I will be changing the weekly schedule also for me, since I will be having more help from the kids this summer. I hope that I will be able to continue their chores after they return to school. It is so much easier when we all work together and its not just me doing all the work.
No comments:
Post a Comment